The CCW course is a non-shooting course and entails:
The CCW course is 8 hours and will be held at Ben Avery Shooting Facility. Course fee is $50.00.
This is a non-shooting course, therefore you needn’t bring your firearm. You will receive a certificate that will be mailed to DPS with your application and fingerprint cards. Please reply to me with first, middle and last name that will go on the certificate as well as your new permit. I also need contact info.
The course will cover the following:
• Safety and firearm storage
• Weapon selection
• Ammo selection/ Kinetic energy of projectiles
• Types of carry
• Castle Doctrine
• Stand your Ground laws
• Justification of deadly force
• Where you can/can’t carry
• Interaction with law enforcement
• Mental conditioning for use of deadly force
• Situational awareness techniques
• After effects and psychology of deadly force
• Legal ramifications of deadly force
• Judgmental shooting (shoot/no shoot scenarios)
• Non-lethal options
It is important to note that DPS charges a $60 processing fee. You will have 60 days after this class to mail your application, fingerprint cards and the fee to DPS. Fingerprint cards and application will be provided.
Course dates: July 22, 2017 August 5 and 19 , September 2 and 23 October 14 and 28 , Nov 18, Dec 16
The NRA Basic Pistol course:
The NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course is excellent for new shooters. Course fee is $80.00 and will be at Ben Avery Shooting Facility.
Objective: To teach the basic knowledge, skills and attitude for owning and operating a pistol safely.
The course is 8 hours long and includes classroom and range time with both revolvers and semiautomatic pistols. Students will learn NRA’s rules for:
• Safe gun handling
• Pistol and revolver parts and their function
• Shooting Fundamentals
• Range rules
• Various shooting positions: Bench rest, two handed and standing positions
• Cleaning the pistol
• Opportunities and training exercises to help you continue your skills development and reinforce all that you have learned in class.
• NRA Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting handbook
• NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure
• Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet
• Basics of Pistol Shooting Student Examination
• Course completion certificate
What to bring:
• Your firearm (you can rent one for $20 including ammunition) and 50 rounds ammunition.
• Notebook and something to write on.
I am expanding business to include courses.
Right now I offer CCW ad NRA Basic Pistol.
This summer I will be creating an advanced CCW and I will also be teaching the NRA Personal Protection in the Home course. Both courses will be offered in the fall 2017
Click on the paypal link at the bottom to reserve your seat and sign up. Reservations are just $10.00 non-refundable for any of the classes.
This course is being developed. It will be also taught at Ben Avery Shooting facility. This will be reversed from the Basic CCW whereby it will be almost all range time rather than all classroom.
Course fee and dates are TBD. This will be offered starting this fall