Advanced CCW / Combat Pistol
Course fee: $80.00 This course has a maximum of 6 students and runs about 4 hours. Course will be held at Ben Avery.
Pre-requisite: CCW or NRA basic pistol courses. Other forms of firearm experience will be acceptable
What to bring: 200 rounds range ammo, safety glasses, hearing protection, holster, two magazines with magazine holster
This course takes off where the CCW course left off. The CCW course is all classroom and no shooting, this course is just the opposite with no classroom and all range time. Some of the things you will be learning are:
It's important to note, this class does NOT qualify you for your DPS issued CCW permit. this is only for instruction and practice
Course date: Feb 3
I am expanding business to include courses.
Right now I offer NRA Basic Pistol, CCW and Advanced CCW / Combat Pistol
Click on the paypal link at the bottom to reserve your seat and sign up. Reservations are just $10.00 non-refundable for any of the classes.
The NRA Basic Pistol course:
The NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course is excellent for new shooters. Course fee is $80.00 and will be at Ben Avery Shooting Facility.
Objective: To teach the basic knowledge, skills and attitude for owning and operating a pistol safely.
The course is 8 hours long and includes classroom and range time with both revolvers and semiautomatic pistols. Students will learn NRA’s rules for:
• Safe gun handling
• Pistol and revolver parts and their function
• Shooting Fundamentals
• Range rules
• Various shooting positions: Bench rest, two handed and standing positions
• Cleaning the pistol
• Opportunities and training exercises to help you continue your skills development and reinforce all that you have learned in class.
• NRA Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting handbook
• NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure
• Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet
• Basics of Pistol Shooting Student Examination
• Course completion certificate
What to bring:
• Your firearm (you can rent one for $20 including ammunition) and 50 rounds ammunition.
• Notebook and something to write on.
The CCW course is a non-shooting course and entails:
The CCW course is 8 hours and will be held at Ben Avery Shooting Facility. Course fee is $50.00.
This is a non-shooting course, therefore you needn’t bring your firearm. You will receive a certificate that will be mailed to DPS with your application and fingerprint cards. Please reply to me with first, middle and last name that will go on the certificate as well as your new permit. I also need contact info.
The course will cover the following:
• Safety and firearm storage
• Weapon selection
• Ammo selection/ Kinetic energy of projectiles
• Types of carry
• Castle Doctrine
• Stand your Ground laws
• Justification of deadly force
• Where you can/can’t carry
• Interaction with law enforcement
• Mental conditioning for use of deadly force
• Situational awareness techniques
• After effects and psychology of deadly force
• Legal ramifications of deadly force
• Judgmental shooting (shoot/no shoot scenarios)
• Non-lethal options
It is important to note that DPS charges a $60 processing fee. You will have 60 days after this class to mail your application, fingerprint cards and the fee to DPS. Fingerprint cards and application will be provided.
Course dates: Jan 20, 2017, Feb 17, 2017